Topic: need help on troublehooting multiface II - sonnet echo

hi there,

recently my multiface II gets not identififed, or sometimes wrongly identified as digiface. after rebooting multipletimes its working again.

do you have tips / ideas how i might troubleshoot? I tried to find something in windows logs (but did not find anything that seems related). maybe because i am not familiar with the event viewer (or in general, windows logs...)...

i wonder if its the sonnet expresscard thunderbolt adapter or the multiface (or something else).

the actual drivers and firmware for the sonnet and the multiface are installed. i checked the physical connections, but did not exchange the cables so far.

thanks
swe

Re: need help on troublehooting multiface II - sonnet echo

hi again,

i switched cables and reflashed the firmware (from an device without the sonnet adapter) but without any sucess.

any ideas?

thanks
swe

The problem could be either part. This can only be determined by swapping in "known good" parts, a different MF2 with your expresscard, and a different expresscard with your MF2. I would recommend contacting your local RME distributor for a check up.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello Jeff, thanks for your answer!

ill try checking with different PC. But do you have any ideas about log-files / event logs thank i could check?

yours
swe

btw. dou you now if rme is planning to release a new thunderbolt interface thats "smaller" than the Fireface UFX+ (cheaper :-) and with less features/channels etc.  e.g. a MFII with thunderbolt )?

MF has relatively few amount of channels, therefore USB2 is fully sufficient like for UFX and UFX II. It would make the interface only more expensive and less versatile in use on different PCs. I would upgrade to an UC or UCX or whatever you want / require up to UFX and UFX II. Best buy is IMHO UFX giving u Durec etc...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13