Topic: Driver not installing on OSX Sierra

Hello,

I'm attempting to install the driver for the UFX II onto my Macbook running Sierra, but when I run the installer and it successfully finishes, none of the files that were supposed to be installed are on my system. I've tried running the installer from the disc that came with the interface, installers from RME downloads site, and I've also tried Mac installers that aren't Sierra. All of them say the installation was successful but nothing is ever put on my system. Nothing shows up after rebooting either. No Totalmix or anything. When I plug the UFX II into my Mac, the host light is yellow on the interface, but my Macbook is not recognizing it, and it is not listed on outputs/inputs.

2 (edited by cbrockway 2017-08-19 04:04:12)

Re: Driver not installing on OSX Sierra

I just had the same thing happen on my Mac Pro with a brand new out of the box Fireface 802. Sierra 10.12.6 is the OS. I installed the software and everything was working fine. I had to go to work and when I came back and turned on my Mac, there was no sign of an interface and no software either, similar to your issue. No idea if it will persist but I downloaded the file again along with Digicheck's new version. Perhaps there are files from my old 800 and clean installed the new software, but I am only guessing and have repaired disk permissions with the hope that this will remedy any issues and when I boot tomorrow all will be well. If someone knows of something I am doing incorrectly, please advise.

Re: Driver not installing on OSX Sierra

cbrockway wrote:

I just had the same thing happen on my Mac Pro with a brand new out of the box Fireface 802. Sierra 10.12.6 is the OS. I installed the software and everything was working fine. I had to go to work and when I came back and turned on my Mac, there was no sign of an interface and no software either, similar to your issue. No idea if it will persist but I downloaded the file again along with Digicheck's new version. Perhaps there are files from my old 800 and clean installed the new software, but I am only guessing and have repaired disk permissions with the hope that this will remedy any issues and when I boot tomorrow all will be well. If someone knows of something I am doing incorrectly, please advise.

Just to follow up in case some other new user has this same issue. I updated my firmware via USB 2.0 and reinstalled the Fireface 802 software, including Total Mix, and DigiCheck. It appears to be rock solid and sounds absolutely amazing, well surpassing expectations. The follow up unit to the FF800, the 802 is not readily available in this part of Canada, but I was lucky enough to find a distributor that had one in stock. This is the best sounding interface on the market in my opinion and I have owned several, from various companies. I am extremely pleased with the overall package and am very grateful to RME for this improved unit. I look forward to making great music with the 802.