1 (edited by nicolas.scotto 2017-09-04 19:11:40)

Topic: No playback on windows with Multiface II

Hello,

I did not know how to deactivate the Multiface to use the labtop speaker, so I did some manipulations and finally it worked, but now that I would like to re-enable the soundcard, I have no playback. For example, when I run youtube, the video stop at 0:00 and cannot play.
Unfortunately I don't remember what I did... So I have checked wether the driver is working and enabled in the device manager, I have configured the playback device to play on the hammerfall, but still, it does not work. There is no sound coming in Totalmix, but that is normal since I can't play anything.
I have also tried to reinstall the driver but without success...

I am a total noob at configuring sound on windows, I would be really thankful for your help.

Thank you in advance.

Re: No playback on windows with Multiface II

You stopped the main audio service?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by nicolas.scotto 2017-09-05 12:34:40)

I don't think so since I am able to get audio from labtop speakers, but I am not sure, how to check ?

I have just reinstalled windows 10 with the utilite for recovery, choosing the option for keeping only user files and uninstalling everything else to clean everything.
Then I reinstalled the rme driver, but I still get the same problem, when I choose rme analog out as windows playback device, I have no playback and videos/musics stop at 0:00.

In the section where you select the Windows playback device you can also directly fire up test tones.

Use this update information as reference for WDM operation with current drivers:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/wi … er_4_e.pdf

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME