Topic: Problems Reamping with Kemper

Hi
i tried to reamp with my Kemper.

But i hear only the DI Signal through my monitors-
The distorted Signal i hear through the Headphones on the Kemper.
I work with Cubase and Spdif.
I cant post any pictures here :-/
Perhaps someone can make me a routing preset for the total fx`?

Thanks

Re: Problems Reamping with Kemper

I am in the exact situation. I have spdif going out from Babyface to Kemper, Kemper is receiving the signal, I setup in Reaper the output for the DI track in AS1/2 but I can hear only the DI track, the Kemper is not affecting the sound. What I'm doing wrong? Any help will be really appreciated, I spent three day trying figuring out how to solve

3 (edited by ramses 2017-09-11 16:50:47)

See my primer to become familiar with TotalMix FX:
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … rnal-equi/

And look RME Video Tutorials:
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

See how nicely you can use TotalMix FX i.e. for a guitar rig, its easy if you have understood the basics, see my blog article.
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … arren-Rig/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I had a kemper a couple of years ago.. I'd recommend using the analogue outs to the interface..
The kemper is locked at 44.1khz and can't be externally clocked (kemper needs to be the master)

Using the analogue outs of the kemper was my best results.. (but I do track at 88.2k)

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

garry wrote:

I had a kemper a couple of years ago.. I'd recommend using the analogue outs to the interface..
The kemper is locked at 44.1khz and can't be externally clocked (kemper needs to be the master)

Using the analogue outs of the kemper was my best results.. (but I do track at 88.2k)

Yes I know about this limitation but this ok because I record everything at 44100..
Do you know how your setup worked? Because I think I have routed something bad in Total Machine software.

6 (edited by ry_cooder 2017-09-11 19:08:59)

Basically I did that:

I switched the Kemper Input to SPDIF reamp and hit play on my DAW. Signal is coming to KPA because the green light is blinking, but no reamp is happening. Even more all the tracks are actually going to the Kemper which is not correct.

SO I opened TotalMix and monitored the levels, and I saw that the AN 1 (the main kemper input, where the guitar is plugged) is having signal, even if I am not touching the guitar. This happens immediately when I switch the input source from "front" to "spdif reamp". Am I do something wrong here?

So I tried to assign a different output for the SPDIF (AS1/2) in order to have just the DI track feeding the KPA. In TM control room, I have assigned phones 2 output to AS1/2. Then in Repaer I assigned the DI tracks output to AS1/2. But this didn't solve the issue, because I still have the Kemper receiving all the tracks, and no reamping is happening.

Am I doing some mistakes in TM routing? I don't understand which is the weak leak in the chain (except of my ignorance smile

I can only repeat. Look into my guide. Routing is actually very easy if you know how TM FX submix mode works.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

8 (edited by ry_cooder 2017-09-11 20:13:50)

ramses wrote:

I can only repeat. Look into my guide. Routing is actually very easy if you know how TM FX submix mode works.

I understand, really I will re-read the guide soon, but could you just tell me how to avoid in TM to not direct route spdif input to spdif out?

I've spent nearly 6 hours today and I'm completely frustrated

9 (edited by ramses 2017-09-11 20:34:56)

Sorry, but I don't have the time to repeat the same things again and again.

I have certainly spend more than 6h the last 4y with >2100 postings
to help people like you with this and other topics.

And writing this and other blog articles also take some time...

So pls be so polite and go ahead to read this information which I provided,
so that you get the required basics.

You will see that afterwards everything will be much clearer and easier to you.
In fact routing with TM FX in submix mode is extremely easy, logic and comfortably.