Topic: totalmix fx problem

Hello !

I meet troubles with totalmix fx on my macbook pro osx yosemite 10.10.5.

I installed the drivers but totalmix fx window doesn't appear ... also the usb settings doesn't launch.
My soundcard is a fireface 802, it is recognized perfectly by my daw and pc settings.

Can someone help me, many days trying to fix that, it seems hard to run totalmix ....

Best regards,

Lio

Re: totalmix fx problem

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25657

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes ! I already get an eye on this thread, but :

i don't find any
AvidCoreAudioPlugIn
DigicoreaudioPlugIn
NewDigicoreaudioPlugIn

and my fireface 802 hasn't got any pc or apple mode (it seems ?)

Then you might have another MIDI interface/driver that stops TM FX from starting by hogging the MIDI subsystem. Or your 802 is in CC mode. Easy to check - does the 802 Settings dialog open? Then it's not in CC.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Easy to check - does the 802 Settings dialog open? Then it's not in CC.

Good to know.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Fireface USB settings doesn't launch at all. You might have right with the CC mode, but how can i change this ?

Do you have a second computer to check the 802 over there? Which driver did you install exactly (2.21 is correct)? Usually the CC mode is cancelled automatically on connection to a computer with TM FX on it. If the driver doesn't work then that would explain why it doesn't reset. Also the old Advanced Remote Control allows to switch CC mode On/Off.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No i haven't a second computer to check unfortunately ...

The latest drivers i installed is 2.21 usb.
But you might have right in the fact that some other drivers (from rme, because it's the only soundcard drivers i installed on this computer since reboot two weeks ago, like firewire 802 drivers).

But maybe my soundcard is in CC as you said. I don't know how to change this...

To ask the obvious: you connected the 802 via USB?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes !

Can you connect the 802 via FireWire to check? With installed FireWire drivers. IF it is locked in CC mode then that would reset it to normal mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

everything is ok with the firefire cables and drivers. totalmix fx works well.

I checked the CC mode again, it is like I wrote above. TM FX has an option to enable CC mode on disconnect. When connected to the Mac the firefaceusbagent will start Settings dialog and TotalMix FX, which then immediately disables the CC mode. The unit then reboots, which can be seen on the front LEDs going off and on again.

There is some information missing which could help solve this riddle (is that a brand new unit? Didi it work before? Or a used unit that  you used for the first time? Etc). In the end the final solution will be to connect this unit to a different Windows or Mac computer with drivers installed, to reset CC mode that way, or to find out if there is something different wrong with the unit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME