Topic: Random Metalic Screech from Fireface

Hi.

I've been running a Fireface UCX with Sonar on a Windows machine for a couple of years and am very happy with it.

However, from time to time, and totally randomly, I get strange, loud, metallic screeching sound from the Fireface. Better said, the audio that is currently playing, is severely distorted as if through some robotic, metallic processor.

This can also happen when using other software like RX5 or Sound Forge. Rebooting all devices usually solves it - but sometimes it reappears immediately following the reboot and may require several reboots.

This is all very random and I'm unable to find any pattern. I have the latest drivers and all software is up-to-date.
I'm currently on Windows Creator but this was an issue on Win 7 as well.

Any thoughts, most welcome as it's not great when clients are around.
Thanks
David

Re: Random Metalic Screech from Fireface

FireWire or USB? Tried a different cable for connection yet?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by 18-Rabbit 2017-10-09 19:34:24)

Hi Jeff

It's USB. I'd not thought of changing the cable but would it not be more of a regular occurrence if it were the cable?
A quick fix if it were so!

Thanks
David

Most likely this is something around USB, if the cable does not fix it you'll need to investigate further. Try with other USB devices unplugged, try different ports on the PC, etc.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff. It's a standard 3m (10') cable. I wonder if its length has anything to do with it?

Cheers
David