Topic: Straight Playback - Full or DAW-Mode ? HowTo ?
I'm using a HDSPe AIO on Win10-64bit with the 4.21 (latest to date) drivers.
I want to know how to set up TotalMix for straight playback.
The Playbacksoftware: Foobar, Fidelify (SpotifyASIO-Client), Spotify, TIDAL-Desktop-App.
In all cases I select ASIO - and if there's a channel to select SPDIF.
I use active studio monitor speakers for the playback over optical SPDIF Out into the SPDIF In at the speakers and headphones plugged in the Aio.
I want to have an unmixed, unchanged straight software playback->hw output.
In the case of ASIO usage bitperfect output.
I want to control the volume at the monitor speakers.
And the volume for the headphones in TotalMix.
How can I properly configure DSP-Settings and Totalmix to have that result.
1) Should I use "Full Mode" or "DAW Mode" ?
2) Should the output volume sliders be in position 0.0 ?
3) Is the totalmix - DAW-mode setup correctly in the attached screenshots?
4) Is there anything to do in the Preferences of Totalmix? (Screenshot)
5) Is there anything to do in the SDP Settings? (Screenshot)
Settings/Global optimize Multi-Client Mixing etc. ?
6) Should I use the Control Room with Main Out: SPDIF and Phones 1: Phones?
Secondly I want two more setups with -5db on the left / -5b on the right channel for the SPDIF output.