1 (edited by Chisbadly 2017-10-12 20:14:23)

Topic: New User. Windows 10 x64 UCX driver doesn't seem to install

Hello new user to RME here. Is there a 32 bit and 64 bit variant of the driver install package for the UCX on windows 10 x64? I run the installer USB installer "driver_usb_win_1099" and everything seems fine but after restarting I still do not see any new soundcard in device manager nor do I see any totalmix software installed in system32. When I turn on the UCX, I do not get any prompts to install drivers and I cannot see it as an option as a audio playback device. When I power on the UCX all the lights go solid on the front panel except the "sig" lights. Is this normal? I purchased the UCX unit used so I am somewhat worried if this is normal behavior for the unit if drivers are not installed as well. The headphone output also emits a low freq hum at this point but maybe that's because of a setting I can't change from totalmix yet? Can anyone point me in the right direction? FYI I accidentally installed the FW driver first even though I'm not using it for FW but RME says that they should work together. I only have it plugged in USB and I do not have a FW controller installed. I have tried different USB cables different ports. I currently have a SoundBlaster X7 USB card installed but disconnected it for this whole process. Should I uninstall SB driver??? Maybe I'm just installing the wrong RME driver package??? I should also mention the power supply that was sold with the unit. it is an ART AC adaptor class 2 with input: 120VAC 60hz 17W and ouput: 9VAC 1000mA. This looks nothing like the replacement power supply on RME website. Did the seller just throw in a random power supply?
System info tells me I'm running windows 10 pro x64 with Version    10.0.14393 Build 14393

Regards,
ChrisB

Re: New User. Windows 10 x64 UCX driver doesn't seem to install

Definitely wrong PSU, try something like 12v 2 Amp.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you I thought that as much. Would this explain why the driver says it installs but I don't see any device driver in device manager???

Yes, the unit does not seem to be initializing. Hopefully it's just a power supply problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok thanks Jeff, seller acknowledged he may have thrown in wrong supply. Hopefully it still works. I'll post again when this gets sorted out.