1 (edited by bethanyb321 2016-07-25 17:28:20)

Topic: adi-2 pro questions

hello im very interested in the upcoming adi2 pro for my mastering setup but need to know

will i have control to adjust separately things like volume, bypass, mono for both of the xlr pair and ts pair outputs on the back? Would like ability sometimes to send through mastering gear and back into an input while monitoring through the other output.  And also use as monitor controller so need to know if has these functions to adjust outputs separately

and is it possible to route different digital sources to different outputs?

Also any idea of when will be released?
thanks

Re: adi-2 pro questions

I think the XLR and TRS Outs at the back will not work independently.

Fireface UCX
MADIface USB
Babyface Pro

The ADI-2 is not intended to be used as monitor controller for typical studio work. While it has many of the respective apabilities it wasn't designed for that - for example there is no remote control to switch speakers, mute or mono audio etc. It can do this but not without going through the display menu. And yes, XLR and TS on the back are not independent.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias, I thought I would post here rather than start new thread. I'm about to purchase the ADI2 Pro but want to be sure of the connectivity and routing possibilities.
I have the F802 and want the Adi2 Pro to use as mainly a dac but will want to use the Adc when recording up to two channels from time to time. Mainly I will use for headphone amp and mixing for now.
So my main uncertainties are totalmix. I know it hasn't got totalmix but I assume I can still route it through the F802's totalmix bypassing the F802's converters using the correct digital i/o's?
Thanks for your time.
Anton

Of course.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

see my blog article, use case 2:
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … C3%A4rker/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Great thanks! Just wanted to make sure as I have not ever used an external ad/da
Also thanks Ramses for article that's great, is there an English version by any chance?

Hi sorry to bother you again Matthias or anyone that has used similar setup. Next week I will be possibly making the purchase but just want to be sure I'm making right choice. Do you think this will be a good upgrade from D/A from my FF802?
Mainly for mixing.
Thanks

Yes.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Yes.

Thanks

11 (edited by ramses 2017-10-13 16:53:47)

ADI-2 Pro D/A conversion is on par if not slightly better than the D/A module of accuphase E-600 class A amp.
Compared with B&W 803 D3 speakers. So you take a good choice.