Topic: Totalmix Feature Request

I have two Aurora 16's (32 channels ad-da) and use two RME AES-32 interfaces. So, I have  two 16 channel Totalmix mixers.

I am using a lot of hardware inserts and record a lot of channels at once.

Currently, I cannot route anything from my first Totalmix mixer to my second Totalmix mixer.

It would be helpful to be able to do this, particularly  for cue mixes, as I track on the first Aurora 16 -and thus the first Totalmix- and have all my hardware FX connections on the second Aurora 16.

Any chance of these two Totalmix mixers being able to communicate in the future?

Cubase 6 64 bit, Windows 7, RME AES HDSP-32, Lynx Aurora 16. Bricasti M7, API 2500, etc.

2 (edited by ramses 2017-10-15 22:08:38)

Re: Totalmix Feature Request

For this to happen it would require a clock synchronized digital connection between these cards.
Via PCIe there will be no exact guarantees when data streams arrive when sending data from one to the other card.

So I think It will not be something which you can change only by TM FX software and Firmware update.
This would IMHO  require a completely different design and FPGAs.

So you would require something like a clock synchronized connection compareable to MADI.

Maybe you should have better bought a MADI based solution then, as then you would have had
all MADI channels available in one TM FX session and you could better scale your solution in terms of more channels.
Plus the advantage of cable length up to 2km MADI peer to peer and better isolation (optical fiber).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

There is no hardware bus between the separated cards. TM FX as 'monitor mixer' works isolated in each card.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thnaks for your reponse guys. Professional audio is trending towards Thunderbolt and mixers with software FX. So, that's where I'll be headed.

Cubase 6 64 bit, Windows 7, RME AES HDSP-32, Lynx Aurora 16. Bricasti M7, API 2500, etc.