Topic: HDSPe Settings app Feature Request

The Total Mix app and DIGICheck appear to be great at reopening on the same external display that I last used them on. I have a 2nd external display (so 3 display total) with my iMac.

The HDSPe Settings app always wants to reopen in the middle of my main display.

Would it be possible to update it so the HDSPe Settings app also opens on my 2nd external display in the desired location where I last used it?

I like to keep an eye on the sample rate my RME card is set to and unlike the Lynx Mixer app I previously used, the RME Mixer app doesn't display the sample rate anywhere that I can see.

Re: HDSPe Settings app Feature Request

My TotalMix shows the sample rate in it's window's title bar. Doesn't yours?

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

cyrano wrote:

My TotalMix shows the sample rate in it's window's title bar. Doesn't yours?

Ah yes, there it is. Please forgive me. I'm new using Total Mix (aside from years ago) and I didn't notice it in the title bar. I guess if anything i was looking for it somewhere in the app itself.

This works though I do wonder if the app could still remember its position like Total Mix and DIGICheck, or if there is a specific reason why it always opens in the same place.

Maybe the reason is simple: there's no need to keep te Settings app running, once you've made your settings.

I just glance at the settings, and quit it when it comes up. My settings don't seem to change much.

When you're new to this setup, it's worth the time to look at some instructional video's.

When I only worked occasionally with TotalMix, I hated it. I mean, three separate apps for one interface? Come on!

Now that I use a FireFace daily and after I invested a couple of hours with the manual (remember those?) and watched some youtube video's, it all makes sense.

That's when you discover it's a godsend and it prevents all sort of things goin' wrong in your work chain.

5 (edited by Jperkins 2017-10-01 19:57:59)

cyrano wrote:

Maybe the reason is simple: there's no need to keep te Settings app running, once you've made your settings.

I just glance at the settings, and quit it when it comes up. My settings don't seem to change much.

When you're new to this setup, it's worth the time to look at some instructional video's.

When I only worked occasionally with TotalMix, I hated it. I mean, three separate apps for one interface? Come on!

Now that I use a FireFace daily and after I invested a couple of hours with the manual (remember those?) and watched some youtube video's, it all makes sense.

That's when you discover it's a godsend and it prevents all sort of things goin' wrong in your work chain.

Thanks. I have read the manuals a few times and I am not questioning the need for multiple apps, I was just curious if it was by design or by oversight that the HDSPe settings app always opens in the same location rather than where it was left.

My only real beef is that I wish the sample rate indicator on Total Mix was bigger and easier to see. I'm guessing most people who keep this app open use it on a secondary (or third) monitor which can be farther away and therefor harder to see the smaller text as it is now. Plus, the text gets even lighter when Total Mix is not focused.

I haven 't got a clue if it's by design, but getting to know RME a bit, there's very little left to chance...

Gründlichkeit big_smile

cyrano wrote:

I haven 't got a clue if it's by design, but getting to know RME a bit, there's very little left to chance...

Gründlichkeit big_smile

I don't doubt it. Overall I'm EXTREMELY happy with my switch from Lynx back to RME. I outgrew my original RME card and for whatever reason at the time thought the Lynx AES16e would be better but the last few days have been a huge relief and pleasure to work with the RME again.

Jperkins wrote:

We will try to add the current monitor position to the Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
Jperkins wrote:

We will try to add the current monitor position to the Settings dialog.

Thanks! It's nice to keep an eye on it, mostly for the sample rate which as mentioned elsewhere, can be hard to see on the Total Mix app when it's placed on a monitor that isn't the primary display.