1 (edited by Jperkins 2017-10-01 22:44:08)

Topic: OSX Buffer Times

I see in the manual that on Windows, the interface buffer time can be changed. I'm also used to this with my previous Lynx AES card.

However, I don't see any mention of buffer time setting for OS X in the HDSPe settings app, or the Total Mix app. Am I missing something or is this handled more automatically on OS X?

I'm not having a specific issue but I was just curious about the setting in general but cannot find it on OS X.

Re: OSX Buffer Times

On the Mac buffer sizes (latency) is set ONLY in the used application. If that one doesn't offer such a setting (iTunes...) a default value is used by Core Audio. Interfaces/drivers have no influence on that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: OSX Buffer Times

MC wrote:

On the Mac buffer sizes (latency) is set ONLY in the used application. If that one doesn't offer such a setting (iTunes...) a default value is used by Core Audio. Interfaces/drivers have no influence on that.

OK, thank you and good to know. I figured it wasn't too much to worry about but I wanted to be sure there wasn't an additional setting to look for.

So far I really love the HDSPe AES card. The sound (or lack of!) is beautiful, everything is very stable even when moving a lot between new sample rates in apps, and the Total Mix app looks great, was pretty easy to learn, and DIGICheck is a great bonus.

I could not be happier making the move from a similar unit from another popular company.