1 (edited by wrcked 2017-11-20 01:39:40)

Topic: RME RayDat Suddenly Stopped Working

Have had it installed, and working fine since June. Recently Pro Tools 12 won't start up because it can't initialize the Audio Engine. Also, my digital preamps used to synch right up as soon as I turned them on, now the devices don't synch at all. It seems something is wrong. I installed the latest driver update (version 4.21) and that didn't help. Is there a way to reset the system or something?

Please help, I have overdue projects, and I really need this to work asap.

Thanks!

Edit: I figured I  should have given more detail. I am running on windows 10. Yesterday I turned on one of my preamp units (connected to RayDat via ADAT), and heard a terrible digital distortion, and ALL inputs/outputs in Totalmix were clipping. This continued even after the preamp units had been powered off. I shut down my computer, and didn't start it up again until today. The clipping has stopped, but the RayDat won't synch with the preamps. Both preamps work fine when tested with their direct outs to a separate monitor system. Also, Pro Tools is not initializing the Raydat. I've tested all the toslink cables, and they work fine. Is the card damaged?

Re: RME RayDat Suddenly Stopped Working

Either the card or your motherboard / computer. The RayxDAT uses 3.3 V and 12 V from the PCIe slot. With 12 V missing you get exactly these symptoms.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So what should be my next course of action?

Contact your local dealer or distributor...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The motherboard seems to be working fine. What could have caused this to happen? I've only had the card for 5 months. Is there nothing that can be done other than haggle with the store that sold it to me for a refund or exchange?

Have you tried another pcie slot?