1 (edited by ichaves 2017-11-24 11:52:28)

Topic: RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface ASIO drivers Freeze Windows 10

Hello,

After upgrading to Windows 10, my RME HAMMERFALL DSP MULTIFACE PCI unit does not work with ASIO. Every time I choose ASIO in applications like Ableton Live or Adobe Audition the system immediately freezes completely and I have to reboot.

Are the ASIO drivers not compatible?

Thank you,

Ilidio

Re: RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface ASIO drivers Freeze Windows 10

Works as before. Check Device Manager and reinstall the driver. If that doesn't help then W10 broke something with your PCI. What computer is that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It is a Desktop with ASUS P6T motherboard. It’s strange because rme software like TotalMix and Digicheck work fine and detect sound comig in from inputs 1/2.

I can also work applications with the Directx drivers. It’s just that as soon as I choose ASIO on the drop down menu of applications like Ableton the whole computer freezes immediately.

This is the first version of the DSP series, which exactly are the version of the drivers that I should install on Windows 10?

Thank you,

Ilidio

4.21, with TotalMix 1.43. You might have an outdated HDSP PCI card that needs modification...which PCB revision is that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have downloaded and installed the latest firmware for the PCI cardbus, the HDSP unit and also the drivers. I have also installed a fresh version of ableton. This time, when I chose ASIO, it took a few more seconds for Windows 10 to freeze completely, but it happened again.

CardBus?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No, it’s PCI inserted on my desktop computer. I am running ableton (32 bit) on a Windows (64 bit) system. Don’t know If this may be the reason.

8 (edited by ichaves 2017-11-26 13:24:27)

I have installed Ableton Live 64 and Windows 10 still freezes completely as soon as I choose ASIO. Adobe Audition the same. All RME drivers are up to date. TotalMix works fine and detects audio in, so what can it be? Thank you.

Post 4.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It’s revision 1.9

After reinstalling the driver several times, it started working all of a sudden. I will continue testing to see if it’s stable.

Thank you very much for your help.

1.9 is ok. Maybe you should remove the card, carefully clean the card's golden contact pins with a rubber eraser and reinsert it.

And sometimes the power supply on those cards fails. Try the Multiface with its own power supply.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME