1 (edited by Mplay 2017-11-27 23:11:41)

Topic: AEB 8i / HDSP 9652 No sound getting into Totalmix

I know this is a very old extension, but I would love to get this to work smile. The problem is that I get no signal into totalmix

I also use a AEB 8o, which is working.

I have connected the AEB 8i according to the manual: the ST7 cable to the ST7A and the Digi Out of the AEB 8i to the second ADAT (after removing the jumper ST5) in the right and middle pin of ST5. Of  course I have connected a power cable and the led light is turning green when I start my PC.

Now here where I run into trouble. According to the manual I have to: "open the settings dialog and select the internal input (AEB 'ADAT1 internal' and set clock mode to 'Master'. The input status in the field 'sync check' must now show 'ADAT  1 in sync'"

The problem is I have no such options to select in the settings dialog. I've attached a screenshot of my settings dialog. Hopefully you can help explain which setting I need to use in the settings dialog. Thanks in advance

https://image.ibb.co/c08EYR/Settings_Dialog.jpg

Re: AEB 8i / HDSP 9652 No sound getting into Totalmix

The (obvious) option is already checked - AEB. Reverse the 2 pin connector on ADAT1 IN, maybe it works then...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The (obvious) option is already checked - AEB. Reverse the 2 pin connector on ADAT1 IN, maybe it works then...

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I understand, did  you mean for me to try the 'AEB1 in'? I  tried the 'AEB1 in' internal 2 pin connector (STN3) instead of the AEB2 (STN5, and I put the jumper back in default position) , but still no sound.

Any other ideas I can try? Thanks a million!

The Settings dialog includes an Option AEB.

The ADAT signal goes to the 9652 via a 2 pin cable that is not coded, so the plug can be reversed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by Mplay 2017-11-28 14:52:10)

MC wrote:

The Settings dialog includes an Option AEB.

The ADAT signal goes to the 9652 via a 2 pin cable that is not coded, so the plug can be reversed.

Thank you MC for your quick response.

Tried your suggestion, although the aeb connectors do indicate that one side is the ground. First tried aeb 1 with the jumper on stn5 which didn't work. When trying aeb2 after removing the jumper my system didn't boot when reversing the cable.

Any other thoughts? (Other than it's time to upgrade smile )