Topic: Important question, routing with OSc is possible?

Hello,

As far as you know, there is no way to use TotalMix as a blind musician.

We have created an OSC based application and implemented all OSC commands that provided by RME. It is working well, we can do much thing without problem.

But... Is there a way to routing something to somewhere by using OSC?
I can control all channels directly, but can't routing a channel/playback to and other output.

It is really important for us, If you have any recommendation and/or solution for that, our life will be easier.

Thanks for your comments from now,
regards!

Re: Important question, routing with OSc is possible?

OSC allows the selection of a submix. Raising a fader in input and playback row then IS routing the corresponding input/playback to said output channel. Or did I misunderstood your question?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Dear Matthias,

First of all, thanks for your quick answer. It is very, very important for me.
I will try to explain it from my perspective:

•My main monitors is connected to main out 1/2 with XLR cable.
•My second pare is connected output 5/6, (this is my computer sound output, my screen reader as well)
•When I connect any microphone to mic 9/10/11/..., I can hear my voice from main out 1/2 without problem.

I would like to hear mic sound from output 5/6 or headphone 11/12

Or, I'd like to use out 7/8 instead of output 5/6.

Does the above possible with OSC?

If it is possible, could you explain it how to do that?
What is the submix, is it possible with submix function?

*I can control input, playback and output rows with my OSC application. If you have time, we can look at together via TeamViewer. It is really important for us.

Thanks a lot!

It looks to me there has been something going wrong with your OSC implementation. OSC (and Mackie) is based on the Submix View in TotalMix FX. You select one output channel or pair and then can mix to this one. Obviously then selecting a different one and pulling faders down there will delete routings on those outputs. So what you want is easy to do.

I can only imagine that the Submix functionality (selecting one mono or stereo of the 8/4 outputs per bank) has not been implemented into your special control program. Our example OSC template has it (button Sub between MUte and Pan row, and only on the Outputs page), and it is also part of the OSC command table that we provide.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME