Topic: hdsp 9652 seems to route LFE channel to spdif output

Hi,
(Sorry for this long writeup... seemed necessary)  I'm using an hdsp 9652 card with Jack on Linux (AV Linux), connected to a Frontier Tango24 D/A.  The Tango24 has 8 ADAT outputs, but I needed 10 output channels, so I configured the hdsp spdif for optical output to get 2 more channels.  (I like the optical output, 'cause my computer seems to make a lot of noise and the optical isolation gets rid of it.)  So my 8 hdsp outputs show up on hdsp channels 9 thru 16 and go to adat2, and I write to hdsp spdif channels 25 & 26 and it goes out to optical adat1, connecting to a little 2 channel Orei spdif unit and then to an amp for rear surround channels.  It has all been working reasonably well.

I just worked on my system and made it use all 6 channels of 5.1 surround sound, so now I have LFE coming in to Jack thru the PulseAudio sink.  I see the 6 channels in the PA sink, and I connect them to my Ecasound chainsetup and process them (speaker crossovers & such), then send them out to Jack, which connects to the RME 9652.  I connect 8 Ecasound output channels to Jack system channels 9 thru 16, and the last 2 Ecasound channels (for rear surround) connect to Jack system channels 25 & 26.

THE PROBLEM:  The LFE output, which I send to subwoofers on adat2 on channels 9 and 10, also shows up on the spdif output (which happens to be connected to my rear surround speakers).  I've tried a lot of things in my Ecasound chain setup, and no matter how simple I make it, this is always happening; the signals on channels 9 & 10 also go to spdif (which is on channels 25 and 26).  I see them right there on hdspmixer.  I don't really want these low sounds going to my fairly small rear speakers... 

This might be a hint as to what is wrong:  when I use speaker-test on the LFE channel, and watch hdspmixer, I see the bar graphs go up on the playback view, on SP.L AND SP.R, at the same time I see output on A2.1 and A2.2.  And I see the graph go up on Out 9 and Out 10 of the output view, as it should.  But I don't see any output on the output view bar graphs for Out 25 and Out 26, which is right I think since I'm not sending anything to 25 and 26 via Jack.  When I use speaker-test to send a signal to the rear channels, I DO see output on Out 25/26 (as well as on SP.L and SP.R), just like I should.  This really makes me think there's nothing wrong in Ecasound, and something is getting routed incorrectly in the HDSP.  But I have not really done any routing for the HDSP, other than setting it to use ADAT1 for spdif.  Maybe I need to explicitly set up some routing info in a config file, to keep this from happening?

Have worked hard on this, kinda tearing my hair out at this point...  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!!
John