Topic: RME USB Device Order

I have a UFXII and a Digiface USB. They are both working great.

They are ordered in MADIface Series Settings and ASIO hosts (on W10 x64) as Digiface USB(1) and UFX II(2).

How do I get reverse these, so ASIO hosts recognize the UFX II(1) and Digiface USB(2)?

Re: RME USB Device Order

Maybe order of USB plugs? Did you swap them or take other ports to see whethe there is a certain order ?
Power-on the 2nd later would also help.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Swapped them in every possible way, with no change. I can restart with only the UFX on, but as soon as I pop in the DFUSB, it defaults to (1). I've searched  the registry, where I'd assume a solution lives, with no success.

I just confirmed what I observed before: I can restart the computer with just the UFX in, it gets recognized as the only USB interface, and I can connect the DFUSB and it gets recognized as (2). Upon restart, things go back to having the DFUSB(1).

> I can restart the computer with just the UFX in, it gets recognized as the only USB interface,
> and I can connect the DFUSB and it gets recognized as (2)

Then you need to wait until you are logged in and then power-on the DF if Windows or the driver wants to have sorted it differently. This seems to be then the only way to influence this into your direction.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I hope to hear from Matthias if there is something in the driver I can change, or something simple that I'm overlooking. If it's in the registry, I can't find it.

ramses wrote:

> I can restart the computer with just the UFX in, it gets recognized as the only USB interface,
> and I can connect the DFUSB and it gets recognized as (2)

Then you need to wait until you are logged in and then power-on the DF if Windows or the driver wants to have sorted it differently. This seems to be then the only way to influence this into your direction.

There is no way to change that from your side. We are thinking about a possible driver update that might include such a feature, but it's not clear yet.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks. At least I know, and I have a workaround.

This is a problem for me since Pro Tools limits ASIO I/O to 32, and the UFX/DF combo has more than that. My main outputs are always from the UFX, but eight drum channels via ADAT were at the end of the DF and couldn't be seen.

MC wrote:

There is no way to change that from your side. We are thinking about a possible driver update that might include such a feature, but it's not clear yet.