Topic: OSC Totalmix FX and Touch Innovations Emulator 2

I´ve installed Emulator 2 on my Windows 10 studio PC to control TotalMix FX from a touchscreen. What are setting to route OSC within one computer?

The MIDI connection between TotalMix FX and Touch Innovations Emulator 2 immediately worked with the virtual MIDI I/O provided with Emulator 2.

But I hcan´t get the OSC connection work. I´ve set up the localhost IP 127.0.0.1 in Emulator 2 as "Outgoing IP" and the same IP as "Remote Controller IP" in TotalMix FX (Emulator sends on port 9001, receives on port 7001) and TotalMix (sends on port 7001, receives on port 9001).

As an example I´ve tried to control the DIM button in TotalMix FX (Name: mainDim, internal ID: kPCTRL_Dim, ScaleType: kOSCScaleToggle, ScaleTypeVal: kOSCScaleNoSend, Channel: 0). In Emulator I´ve created a toggle switch with the OnTouchOSC adress: "/0/mainDim". But unfortunatelly nothing happens in RME TotalMixFX.

Re: OSC Totalmix FX and Touch Innovations Emulator 2

The current OSC-support in TotalMix is quite focused on TouchOSC, which is a little like a Mackie-Control. Switches like DIM expect a "do change" signal (marked by the "kOSCScaleToggle" Type) with a float value > 0.5 and send back the resulting on/off-state. (I don't know if this behaviour can be emulated in Emulator 2 or not.)
To check the network connection it would be better to use a fader like "masterfader" (value 0...1), what should lead to a direct reaction.  For IP-setup you should prefer the IP shown in TotalMix' OSC setup dialog.