Topic: HDSPE - BLA MKIII - SPL Madison (Time Clock Sync Issue)

Hello All,

I recently purchased a master clock and am having trouble syncing everything.

Setting the BLA MKIII as my master and HDSPE MADI Hammerfall and the SPL Madison as my slave, everything is syncing with exception of the SPL Madison's Hi-Speed/Low-Speed Mode light. My understanding is that a solid light means sync, but a flashing light means it is not in sync. I've tried all permutations of sync speeds in order to get a lock, but to no avail.

Currently, I'm running separate 75ohm canare bnc cables to the RME and the Madison with internal termination. Would it be better to cascade the bnc cables and use a T splitter along with a hardware bnc plug at the end of the chain? I'm also having a problem with my inputs because of this, I believe. Some input channels will not work or sound chirpy.

Thanks!

Re: HDSPE - BLA MKIII - SPL Madison (Time Clock Sync Issue)

> I've tried all permutations of sync speeds

Did you try both 48k and 96k Frame mode at the MADI card? Did you try to remove the word clock from the Madison, syncing it by MADI only? Are you aware that the MADI card needs to be set to the desired sample rate manually, as it will not follow the WC in sr on its own?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Coke_Dorrito 2018-01-28 04:40:43)

Previously, I was using the Madison for time clock, but intend on cascading other digital hardware in the future, and wanted to get a master clock to future-proof.

Yes, I've set all the sample rates the same. The DAW (Ableton) is set to 192 as well as the RME and the Madison with a 24 bit rate.

Regarding word clock, RME and the Madison all show sync. The only thing that is not in sync is the Hi-Speed/Low-Speed indicator (Solid light means it is in sync, flashing denotes out of sync on the Madison.)

Should I use the internal Terminator on the hammerfall or use a hardware plug? The Madison has internal termination, but in the manual states that this is to be used only if you are using the Madison as master clock.

I'm running on a Windows 10 with an Intel I7 processor.

IMHO it is more useful to ask SPL directly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME