Topic: [ADI-2 Pro] Setups / Settings file(s) export

Is there a way to export the Settings which make my own unit's Setups outside of the ADI-2 Pro itself?

Though I expect the answer's no, I still must ask the question anyway, in order not to leave any stone unturned.
Imagine having two, three, n ADI-2 Pro units that you access in different locations, part of different setups, onto which you occasionally have to depend for your own jobs, when your ADI-2 Pro isn't travelling with you.

If there ever was, I may be uploading all my different Setups / Settings onto any borrowed ADI-2 Pro, and be totally sure that it will perform exactly as my own one, while being 100% sure that no configuration hiccup will get in the way, all of this happening in only a matter of seconds, without having to comb through each and every feature setting manually, with the (age-related) risk of overlooking some setting and leaving it behind.

I doubt there is a way, because the ADI-2 Pro isn't compatible to TotalMix FX, which (at least in my view) might act as the conduit between unit's internal hardware and the host computer onto which such file(s) could be transfered, pretty much like you do with with any firewall/router/network appliance once you've configured it to your exact needs.

But, how I'd love to be wrong in my assumption!

I'm glad to offer some background to my question, for those of you who could be interested.

Using the ADI-2 Pro as the front-end in professional PA systems presentations really took on a new degree of flexibility since I shorted inputs and outputs to turn it into a really smooth digital level control (after MC's most precious hint on this forum) when passing on its signal to AES output, which is then transfered around most often through a Dante network infrastructure (or any other current audio-over-IP format).

Sure enough, the ADI-2 Pro was conceived for serious home enthusiasts and studio inmates as AD-DA conversion reference, and I'm gratefully thankful to MC and RME to have implemented AES/EBU in-outs onto it, still a universal dialect in pro audio, and the format of choice for many studio (active) monitors, and upper-range home (active) loudspeakers, too.

Since its inception, plus the ongoing improvements and additions from firmware to firmware, the ADI-2 Pro has grown from first in class to jack-of-all trades, from Swiss Army knife to carry-along toolbox trolley, which is nothing less than great (and true to the most honoured and honourable RME corporate R&D style). Settings have become so many, actually, that swapping units around won't happen in a breeze (though I'm sure this was never a point on the Developer's tick of wanted features list).

I know I'm stretching the ADI-2 Pro application brief, to a degree, but love it so much that after having bought one for personal use, I've had my employer buy others as an upgrade (in portability, and fail-safe dependability) to the UFX we were using. Even if, in my own application, EQs of any sort, loudness control and other typical, useful additions to the hi-fi enviroment, are strictly taboo and must be disabled by default, for the danger they may impair my application with.

But, even knowing I'm out of the intended R&D original motive, ADI-2 Pro is not just a great tool, but even greater since I've paired it with a Babyface Pro, which allows me to add that vocal mic you often need to shout "eins zwo drei vier test test test" into, if you're to judge a PA right here and now.

There's not a single host receiving a presentation or demonstration that hasn't shown great interest in ADI-2 Pro himself or herself, when they've seen and heard in action, regardless of the source it's driving it, iOS devices included (which in themselves are even more of a threat to my application, unless exclusively used for playback of non-lossy-compressed files).

So I figure I'll find more and more ones on my way, in my circle, and given how flight companies' policy on hand-luggage is trending toward reduction anyway, I thought it might be wise to use someone else's ADI-2 Pro, when I'm around to play a PA, whenever I find one, whenever restrictions on hand-luggage make it a hard choice between computer and audio interface.

Well, it's all nice and dandy, but with all setups settings considerations notwithstanding, actually.
Because already yesterday, late at night, using not my own unit but my Company's one, I stumbled onto a really nasty digital feedback loop the very moment I switched my computer off (which was driving the ADI-2 Pro via USB).
Since this never happened to me before (with my own unit), I realized I only thought to have set up the Company's one exactly like my own, but I may in fact have not.

On a sunday, at home and idling, placing two ADI-2 Pros side by side and combing through each and every setting, to make one the biological twin of the other, can even be called a relaxing recap... but in the rush of the moment, in front of an audience, with a huge PA set to blast its way off over a hundred meters, a digital feedback loop is neither fun nor relaxing, hence my concern to look for a way to stonewall my settings onto a "total own reset" configuration that I can upload wherever and whenever I feel the need for operational safety, onto whatever ADI-2 Pro I may have within reach.

Re: [ADI-2 Pro] Setups / Settings file(s) export

Exchange of data was not planned for this device. I know how that feels with my 20 PEQ presets and having to transfer them between units.

Backup: I simply take photos of the screens when I have no time to write it all down.

If the Pro (and DAC) continue to be so successful then maybe one day we add this data exchange. But then we need to program Windows and Mac tools to read and write using checked files, and the Pro/DAC need to be able to receive and send those data (extended firmware updates). It's quite a lot of work, and opens the door for problems up to bricked units...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME