Topic: Blog Article about ADI-2 Pro now also available in english

Hi,

I translated this article also to english as I see from the number of accesses that there might be some interest, so to say demand, for it wink English translation is at the end of the article.

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … tärker-DE/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

2 (edited by davidjay 2018-02-11 01:17:21)

Re: Blog Article about ADI-2 Pro now also available in english

Hello Ramses,

Thank you for your excellent and informative blog posts. Appreciated. I'm considering using the ADI-2 Pro as an AD/DA (connected by adat only) to my HDSPe AIO. Would you (or anyone) happen to know the RTL latency (at 32 buffer/44.1) between the ADI-2 Pro inputs and its headphone output when used this way? I'm currently getting 2.77ms/122 samples using a Clarett Octopre exactly this way at the moment.

Using the various numbers listed in the manuals in addition to my own measurements:

101 samples /2.29ms   (my HDSPe AES cable loopback test. I assume adat is the same?)
10 samples /   .23ms  ADI-2 Pro AD/DA conversion.
--------------------
111 Samples/2.52ms so far . . . but I think MC mentioned there was a few extra samples sprinkled around somewhere :) So just trying to confirm the actual RTL number in the real world.

Thank you.

ADI-2 Pro in Basic Mode AD/DA, ADAT I/O, 44.1 kHz, SD Sharp: RTL 25 samples. Digital in to analog out 14 samples, analog in to digital out 11 samples.

These values include DSP in both paths, which is always there even when not active. So when using PEQ on the input and whatever options on the output RTL stays the same.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, Matthias.