Topic: New Fireface 802 does not work with USB and the newest Retina Macbook

Fireface 802.
MacBookPro Retina High Sierra Version 10.13.2
The newest drivers w of them?
Fireface Usb Driver v 3.03

And Fireface driver_fw_mac v 333 installed

Sorry, this is incredibly sad for such an expensive device made by RME, such issues. Very frustrating and I am thinking of giving it back. I had the Fireface 800 for many years until it died, I need to change all condensators, etc.
I bought this new  device because it has the USB3 port! And it should work!
I am extra unhappy  because it does not work!

You connect to a Mac it does not appear as the audio device at all.
Then when you disconnect  your USBC from the MacBook Pro and reconnect again the blue LED is not even displaying. You have to disconnect from the interface and reconnect again. Then the blue LED displays but device is not visible
Total MIX does not appear
No RME device in the control panel.

I use original Mac USB-C to USB3 converter

I spent my money for serious work, and I would like to ask you quickly for help, if not I will give it back.
Please my time is valuable

Re: New Fireface 802 does not work with USB and the newest Retina Macbook

For High Sierra you will need to reinstall and then allow the applications to run as per https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/AG_RME … ion_EN.pdf.

See also here:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26077

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by JoeSeeva 2018-02-22 00:59:59)

Hello MC

I'm running a similar issue with a brand new 802. Tried installing latest, USB and FireWare, drivers with no success. The installations seems to work well until it asks for a reboot (without any 'System Extension Blocked' error message), after that the Mac doesn't show any FF Settings App or TotalMix tool, also, my Pro Tools (12-2018) wont recognize the interface. Even tried to update Firmware through USB but nothing happens when clicking "update" button. After some research through this forum found a post where you leaved a file to directly drag "TotalMix" and "Fireface Settings" to the Applications folder... but it didn't work.

Fireface 802
Mac Pro 2 x 3,46Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon
64GB ram
High Sierra 10.13.3
USB 3.0 - FireWare 400/800

Thanks for your help!

UPDATE: Borrowed a Macbook pro with 10.13.2 on it and everything worked fine... the apps installed correctly and could update 802s  firmware. So I'm not sure where the issue is... latest High Sierra update? Can other drivers cause the problem? I mean, drivers from previous interfaces for example (I've already tried deleting them all).

Finally managed it to work. I'll leave the steps here just in case someone finds it useful.

After several tries, with no success, installing drivers I ended deleting older App Kext from library/extensions (one was from FireFace...) and uninstalling a pro tools video extension I didn't need. When trying to uninstall that video extension found this sudo error:

sudo: /etc/sudoers is owned by uid 501, should be 0
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting

Solved that sudo issue (you'll find different ways in google), deleted mentioned Kext and Apps and reinstalled latest drivers... Now everything works fine. just mention that I had to power down the RME so the TotalMix and Sttings app will recognize the interface.