1 (edited by pianopictures 2018-02-23 12:06:16)

Topic: Feature request: errors count Reset button

Buffer Size (Latency) field, request to add an errors reset (to zero) button in the Settings window. Or click/double click on the field to reset it, instead of the button.

Re: Feature request: errors count Reset button

Wrong forum?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by pianopictures 2018-02-23 12:04:39)

No. I'm talking about the driver Settings Window. Not exactly TotalMix FX realted, but there is no "driver" branch on this forum, so I considered this is the closest.

Edited the first message a little bit.

Wrong forum as this has nothing to do with TM FX. The error counter is reset on a restart (stop/start), and this is the only one that makes sense technically.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by pianopictures 2018-02-23 16:20:17)

1) Sorry, did not have the idea what branch should I choose.

2) In ideal conditions, if one expect people to only compose/record music using RME interfaces, then it really make sense to have it reset only on stop/start. In reality one may have a PC running some Ableton Live project, YouTube, plus some crypto mining along the way all at the same time on a same PC. All while having some visual information, like meters, spectral analyser, and Buffer Errors on a separate monitor. So there is [1/6] errors message hanging around for the last couple of hours for no reason, which one may want to reset to [0/0] with a simple mouse click. And I don't know how exactly it works, but it does not reset that easily just by hitting play/stop in a DAW. And one may play virtual instruments in a VST host without ever clicking a play/stop buttons.

...ah, I see, not a DAW play/stop buttons, but, in my case, I can reset it by switching audio driver on/off in a DAW, yes, it works, but still...

...OK, got it, it's totally fine as it is, I guess...