Topic: MIDI control - no success so far

Sorry if I'm wasting somebody's time here, I don't actively need it at the moment, but I tried to test it using some keys from a Digital piano (note 93/A6 for Dim, for example) - no success. I'm pretty sure I checked-unchecked everything needed in the settings menus. TotalMix FX v1.43.

Re: MIDI control - no success so far

Should work.

Set Totalmix MIDI input port and enable Totalmix MIDI control.
Make sure your piano sends to the Totalmix MIDI port.
Unfortunately buttons are toggles (not on/off) which only react to velocity 0. Make sure your keyboard sends this velocity when you release the key.

Works here, Fireface 800, Totalmix 1.43, Mac OSX 10.11.6

Hmmm, I thought velocity 127 is required?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by pianopictures 2018-03-01 18:18:42)

OK, figured it out, somehow I got confused by "Enable Protocol Support" in Mackie settings area, I had it Off before. Now everything is totally fine. However, I did not test all the buttons, but, say, for Dim it is indeed set as "toggle" behavior. I think I'd prefer it to be set as "gate". I.e. On state - button on, Off state - button off. How the user later deal with his MIDI - it is up to him.

Not confirming about Note On - 0, any On state works(?)

Added, I see, there is quite some space to beta-test things, since I believe not so many people actually use it, I think RME may quite lack the feedback in this regards. Say, Recall behavior, you press the key (MIDI) - nothing happens, you release the key - then it works on release. Why?

Added, ah that exactly means what po was saying, you can say so that it activates on 0.

The behaviour is because this is all based on the Mackie protocol. I can't remember that exactly, but think that at some point we changed the need for full velocity as it was not very intuitive.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,
I did not get it to work...
In my case I want to control "Dim" with a pad on my maschine Controller. So I send CH 1 A6 at 127 velocity, right ?
... nothing happened ! Sometimes, I saw at the top of the first two channels in TM a Midi sign or a pic.(what does it mean?).. But also, .. nothing

Im on osx 10.13.1 and Totalmix 1.4.3

hmm, ok now, I have these MIDI symbol again by toggling the midi inputs and outputs until the symbol appears.
And now I can control, BUT with other Notes:

Dim is A5
Global Mute is G#1

I hope next time, when I start the app it is still working .... lets see ...

Don't look at the notes, they can be off. Mentioned here before in detail:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 25#p101625

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME