1 (edited by polynasia 2018-03-13 22:59:55)

Topic: Digiface USB and Babyface

Hi,

is it possible to operate a Babyface (non pro) and a Digiface USB at the same time, i.e. using all I/O of both within a DAW etc? Or are there any restrictions
(Win10)

Thanks,

Cheers Pete

Re: Digiface USB and Babyface

Multi-device operation is explained in the BF manual, chapter 11, including the requirement to sync, which makes it pretty useless. Additionally BF and DF USB do not share the same ASIO driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by polynasia 2018-03-14 07:01:57)

Thanks for the fast reply.

Would it work then if one ADAT IO of each is sacrificed for the sync?
Or do the different ASIO drivers hinder such configuration.

And is there a working combination, which allows one to have a RME interface paired with the Digiface, i.e. the UC together with a digiface usb?

Essentially I want to use "lowend" ADDA converters but still have some high end IO on the interface itself for example

I think this would be possible. Use the asio driver for the Digiface USB in your DAW and send audio to and from the babyface via adat. You use totalmix on the baby to route the adats. You will still have 3 digiface adats for other duties.
In effect you will be using the baby as a 4 I/O AD/DA converter.
If you already have a babyface or also use it for other things, this is a nice idea. If you need to buy one just for this I think there might be more logical solutions. Even lower end ADDA like the Behringer ADA8200 are not that bad. Or you could get one ADI-8 and the rest cheaper. (although then you might still need a mic preamp)

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632