Topic: TotalMix and W10 : problems with mono and stereo

With TotalMix (Matrix) v1.43 and w10 Pro, I have 2 problems

I need to sent numericals out 1&2 through analogical OUT 5.
With Windows XP, I clic on Horitontal-1 and Vertical-5, and on H2-V5, so that left and right are in the analogical 5 OUT

But with w10, clic on H1-V5 validate a stereo pair : H1-V5 and H2-V6.
If I clic on "mono mode", I can have H1-V5, but no H2-V5

What can I do?

2nd problem : if I uncheck "mono mode" H2-V6 don't work, I can't validate the stereo 1&2 through 5&6. Th only way is to reset or to "undo" still the beginning.

Thanks in advence :-)

Re: TotalMix and W10 : problems with mono and stereo

Sorry, I don't understand anything what you wrote, could you kindly re-phrase ?
Send "numericals" out ? Analogicals out ? Whats that ?
What you mean by Horizontal-1 and Vertical-5 oder H2-V5 ?

Maybe you are using a special application, I don't get it what you refer to ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

You need to go into the Mixer view and change the output channels to mono. Then they wil be shown like that in the Matrix and you can perform single channel routing.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Fafa 2018-03-16 10:32:05)

Sorry,

numericals out = the 2nd ligne in the mixer, the outs of the softwares

analogicals out = the 3rd line in the mixer, the jack out, SPDIF out and ADAT out behind the FF800

Horizontal is the horizontal line in the Matrix

Vertical is the vertical ligne in the matrix

ramses wrote:

Maybe you are using a special application, I don't get it what you refer to ...

I just open Total mix, without application, than i tried with a basic audio-player

5 (edited by Fafa 2018-03-16 10:39:35)

MC wrote:

You need to go into the Mixer view and change the output channels to mono. Then they wil be shown like that in the Matrix and you can perform single channel routing.

I clic on "mono" in the 1&2 software output, OK, but all the harwares output from 1&2 software out are in mono, I just want to have the 5 out in mono, the others in stereo, like I did with windows XP

Maybe ther is another way : is it possible to copy 1&2 on 3&4 ? If yes, I keep 1&2 on stereo, and i use 3&4 for mono

You clicked on Mono on a Hardware Output channel, third row? The one stereo pair where you want to route something? Then the display in the Matrix definitely changes to single channels!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hallo, simple Frage: Kann ich Total Mix via iPad auf einem Windows System steuern?

8 (edited by Fafa 2018-03-16 10:47:25)

MC wrote:

You clicked on Mono on a Hardware Output channel, third row? The one stereo pair where you want to route something? Then the display in the Matrix definitely changes to single channels!

Sorry, forget my 1st answer, I just edit it above, here is a copy :

I clic on "mono" in the 1&2 software output, OK, but all the harwares output from 1&2 software out are in mono, I just want to have the 5 out in mono, the others in stereo, like I did with windows XP

Maybe ther is another way : is it possible to copy 1&2 on 3&4 ? If yes, I keep 1&2 on stereo, and i use 3&4 for mono

tomauffarth wrote:

Hallo, simple Frage: Kann ich Total Mix via iPad auf einem Windows System steuern?

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26568

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Fafa wrote:
MC wrote:

You clicked on Mono on a Hardware Output channel, third row?!

I clic on "mono" in the 1&2 software output

Why you make the second row channels mono when I clearly wrote third channel hardware outputs? And I also wrote to do this with outputs 5/6, your routing destination.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Why you make the second row channels mono when I clearly wrote third channel hardware outputs? And I also wrote to do this with outputs 5/6, your routing destination.

Sorry I read to quickly.

I do total reset.
5&6 Hardware output on "mono", now in Matrix they are not linked, but I only can have H1-V5 and H2-V6 (what I want is H2-V5).
I clic on "mono mode" in Matrix, now it's OK, I can have H2-V5.

I clic one more time on "mono mode" in matrix, I clic on H1-V9, it validate too H2-V10, I listen 9&10 it is stereo.

It's OK, thank you!
I resume : "mono" in mixer in desired  hardware OUT, "mono mode" in Matrix, validate the desired OUTs in matrix, than uncheck "mono mode" in Matrix

Something else:
I did'nt have 1&2 hardware output (the first on the left is AN3/4, the window is full open). Maybe it's the "main" channel on the right?