Topic: I got my ADI 2 PRO AE today (review...sort of)

That AE LooK is very nice. It glows like tubes. And that black finish is fabulous.

I started to just listen to the DAC. Yes I agree it is another sound. It sounds like
an instrument made of the most exquisite wood compared to the same instrument made of
inferior materials. I did not A/B to any of my other interfaces so I could be wrong.

Then I compared The "ADI 2 pro" to a small new interface "Presonus studio 26" (200 EURO).
I recorded a self playing instrument (not the piano in the SOS preamp shoot uot).

1.)  Inst -> 2x Neumann km 140 -> Tru Systems P2 (gain 52dB) -> ADI_2_pro( +4dB SD_Sharp 24/48)

2.)  Inst -> 2x Neumann km 140 -> Presonus Studio 26 (internalMicPre_Maxgain 24/48)

This was the test wanted to do. I knew beforehand that there should be no difference.
Logically it is impossible. Mic preamps sound the same and why should ADs sound different.

I monitored of course in "ADI 2 pro". I do that in a treated room beside my computer room.
So no computers or screens in this room. I had a wireless mouse so when I click I change
track in the computer in the next room. I click many times before I start listening so I don't
know which is which...

... to be continued...

/Göran Nilsson

Re: I got my ADI 2 PRO AE today (review...sort of)

I had to stop yeaserday because there was a very clear difference. The "True-ADI 2 PRO" combination had
the same sound as it's DAC compared to the "PRESONUS". But in my nearfield speakers and in different
headphones there was none. I never hear much difference in these nearfield speakers or in headphones compared to my real speakers anway.

I had to make a new listening this morning when my ears and brain was as clear as possible. I also now
panned both tracks closer then yesterday not to be distracted by any stereo image differences.
Of course the loudness were the same.

Still there is (may be) a  difference ! And the better everything else is the more easy it is to hear it.

I will probably go on testing this. With the DAC in my Steinberg UR824 for example.
But my review ends here.

/Göran Nilsson

Re: I got my ADI 2 PRO AE today (review...sort of)

Glad you were able to keep an open mind and put the misleading DiffMaker shenanigans aside.  Humans are affected by bias if we like it or not.  So do whatever you need to do to confirm you made the right purchase.  Once you convince yourself, you can move on an just focus on making the music!

Tools and gear are extremely important (as is a sensible & efficient workflow), but the song/source is always king when talking Music.

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8