Topic: Totalmix into computer settings

Hi. Let me know if there is a topic already covering this. The sound from my microphone is going into my MacBook through totalmix yet I seem to have no control over it—no ability to change its volume or use totalmix effects. In the computer, I’m running it into QuickTime Player for video. The sound goes there. I seem to have no ability in totalmix to do anything to the sound. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks! C

2 (edited by pianopictures 2018-03-24 02:05:04)

Re: Totalmix into computer settings

To change the rec level of the mic you should use Gain knob in the Total Mix. Don't forget about 48V Phantom Power if you use condenser microphone. If it don't give any results it means you set some other source for recording, like a built in mic, etc. To use FX you need to switch them ON and use the small faders in Total Mix for FX send (orange) and FX return (green). I never used FX for recording, so can't tell exactly. Most likely you need to use a Loopback functionality. Total Mix have some learning curve, you need to check the manual from time to time. Totally worth in, will become absolutely intuitive later.

I assume you mean it going into your MacBook through some RME audio interface.