Topic: ADI-2 DAC as DJ Soundcard

Hello music lovers, I`m looking for a high quality audio soundcard to play music whit Tractor pro2 (internal mixing) in Clubs. I had long time the Multiface II but my MacBook Pro whit Expresscard getting old and I looking for a new option.
Now, can the ADI-2 run XLR (Master) RCA (Monitor) whit the same Signal but in different volume...  and Headphones whit a other Signal for pre listen? Thanks and kind regards, Marcel

Re: ADI-2 DAC as DJ Soundcard

The volume difference XLR/RCA is fixed at 6 dB. To do what you want the ADI-2 Pro would be a solution, if you add a passive volume control for the TS outputs. Phones 3/4 can have a different signal.

A much cheaper way to do this is the Fireface UC, multichannel, that even includes Mic inputs. It's indeed also used as mobile DJ solution.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your answere. I`m not really a fan of the Totalmix like the Fireface UC or my old Multiface II use... had a few times big toubles to run the Multiface II, you have to be Sound Ingeneur to understand just the basic funtion. Its bad when you have to play a set and it don`t work like it shout... and at the end you have to play whit a Native Instrument Plan B Soundcard how sounds poor. A stand alone solution like the ADI-2 DAC would be better also because I don`t need the Inputs. Great would be also the EQ so I just plug out the XLR`s Masters from the mixer and run directly and make the fine adjustment on my equipment... the option to save that settings is also nice for the next time you play at the same location.

just to be sure I understand the function of the outputs of the DAC:

ADI-2 DAC Outputs:
Singal 1)  XLR or RCA (just one run at the same time)
Signal 2)  Phones or IEM (just one run at the same time)

is that correct?

Thanks and kind regards, Marcel

ADI-2 DAC Outputs:
- XLR or RCA (run simultanenously with the same volume control and EQ)
- One can switch between Phones, IEM and XLR/RCA (having their own stored volume and EQ)
- Running two or three outputs simultaneously is possible, but then all share the same volume and EQ

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah OK... so I think the ADI-2 DAC ist perfect for my use... there is always a mixer I can adjust the volume of the moitors, thats not a problem. Why you was say the ADI-2 Pro would be a solution when it have the same problem whit the fixed volume?

"To do what you want the ADI-2 Pro would be a solution, if you add a passive volume control for the TS outputs."

> can the ADI-2 run XLR (Master) RCA (Monitor) with the same Signal and Headphones with another Signal for pre listen?

That was your request, the DAC can not do that. The Pro can.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok, so the DAC is not working for my use... to bad I allready ordered one! The Pro is a bit expensive for just use as DJ Soundcard, I don`t need the Line In... oh man. Maybe the Fireface UC is back in the race... but Totalmix. Thanks for your great suport! Greetings and kind regards, Marcel

8 (edited by JendaLegenda 2018-03-26 20:52:36)

Hello massivefunk, I can confirm that ADI-2 Pro (not the DAC) in multichannel mode is suitable for computer djing. The sound difference compared to normal controllers or even cd players is massive, however it always makes me sad, when I have to plugin ADI-2 signal into crappy mix. I sometimes bring it with me when playing on larger sounds, but I prefer to see it safe at home and to be honest - with reference monitors it sounds much better than some louder system.