1 (edited by mozizo 2018-03-26 14:29:45)

Topic: sync 2 RayDats -HEDD quantum and 3 apogee converters ?

Hi.
just got the Hedd quantum.
now i use 2 raydats synced to 3 apogee converters trough Adat operating at 96khz.(raydat as master)
now i need the HEDD to be the master clock,and it will be connected to one of the raydat through the AES connection.
is it possible to sync the raydat as slave to hedd with AES and use the toslink Adat of the RayDat to sync the apogee as slaves,assuming the Hedd clock is the Master of all ?
(right now i dont have the Word clock extension for the raydat,so i want to see if i can avoid buying it and messing my computer for syncing through BNC word clock)
(have 2  apogee rosetta 800 and one DA-16X  that can use word clock and Adat as sync)
Thanks
EDIT: The Hedd has 6 bnc Wc out,is it ok to sync to the 3 apogee with BNC, and the 2 raydat cards with AES ?

2 (edited by vinark 2018-03-26 18:19:59)

Re: sync 2 RayDats -HEDD quantum and 3 apogee converters ?

mozizo wrote:

Hi.
just got the Hedd quantum.
now i use 2 raydats synced to 3 apogee converters trough Adat operating at 96khz.(raydat as master)
now i need the HEDD to be the master clock,and it will be connected to one of the raydat through the AES connection.
is it possible to sync the raydat as slave to hedd with AES and use the toslink Adat of the RayDat to sync the apogee as slaves,assuming the Hedd clock is the Master of all ?
(right now i dont have the Word clock extension for the raydat,so i want to see if i can avoid buying it and messing my computer for syncing through BNC word clock)
(have 2  apogee rosetta 800 and one DA-16X  that can use word clock and Adat as sync)
Thanks
EDIT: The Hedd has 6 bnc Wc out,is it ok to sync to the 3 apogee with BNC, and the 2 raydat cards with AES ?

Yes!
There are many other ways too if needed.
I would sync radat2 to raydat one via spdif coaxial. That way raydat 2 will always follow raydat one whatever the sync source. And maybe slave all the apogees to the raydats. That way you can easily turn off the HEDD without having to reconfigure. Just a thought.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

so basically its possible to sync from multiple formats at the same time.? ie. BNC,Adat,AES etc...?

Of course only one sync source per device, but no need to stay with one type in the whole setup. The advantage of making the HEDD master and doing the rest of the sync from a Raydat is that the system will also work without the HEDD without recabling (only need to set the one raydat to master in that scenario)

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632