Topic: ADI 2 DAC Control Panel ... Feature Request ...

Is it possible to implement a Control Panel App for the ADI 2 DAC . To view and store various Gain setting configs ...
Mixing ... Mastering ... You Tube PLayback ... etc ... with various outputs enabled/muted as required .. ? Please ... :-)

Re: ADI 2 DAC Control Panel ... Feature Request ...

That will not happen, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

All I would ever want is the ability to mute the device by pressing the volume encoder. I really miss the DIM button from my Babyface Pro for this. Pressing Vol -> Encoder B takes to long and I can't really do it without looking at the device.

What actually is the click on the volume encoder used for? I have not found a single action on the device that needed the Volume encoder to be pressed (ADI 2 DAC) big_smile

Alternatively, make a short press of the power button mute the device. Just give me something to mute in a fast manner... please.

The Mute button is on the remote. Mute can be programmed to 4 different buttons on the remote, and the 4 function keys at the device - same for DIM. Mute can also be done by switching between front and back, in case one of both isn't used (Options, Device Mode, Mute Line. This setting uses the big knob with pressing, as explained in the manual, page 26).

Pressing the big Volume knob is also used when setting up the EQ, to switch bands.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Using the option as described on page 26 works, even if its not instantly, its a great way to do this (at least as long as i dont use the line outs). Thank you for the explanation.