1 (edited by garry 2018-04-03 00:12:40)

Topic: Digicheck remote for iOS

Hi.. after using and loving totalmix remote... I would love to see digicheck remote ..

I've been contemplating for some time getting a TC clarity m as a small standalone meter... 
But surely digicheck could run in iOS? And be configured for remote use?

Would be nice having totalyzer full screen on a dedicated iPad mini (I don't think any other audio interface company provides this... Top end metering on tablet)
Is there some technical thing stopping this from becoming a reality?

Cheers
Garry

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

Re: Digicheck remote for iOS

DC needs samples in real-time, so having it running as 'remote' won't work. Also having DC run on the host and just sending the graphics data is a lot data, which makes not much difference anymore to existing solutions to extend your screen space with external devices.

So it comes down to DC run with an RME interface connected to the iPad, which makes this a bit costly, and our missing time to port it to iOS. Our next step is to port it to the next macOS, which is a much bigger and important task.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Digicheck remote for iOS

MC wrote:

DC needs samples in real-time, so having it running as 'remote' won't work. Also having DC run on the host and just sending the graphics data is a lot data, which makes not much difference anymore to existing solutions to extend your screen space with external devices.

So it comes down to DC run with an RME interface connected to the iPad, which makes this a bit costly, and our missing time to port it to iOS. Our next step is to port it to thre next macOS, which is a much bigger and important task.

Thanks for the info!

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB