Topic: AIO - follow external clock? not changing...

It seems that my AIO doesn't follow changes to the master clock.  Perhaps I recall incorrectly,  but I seem to remember changes to my external clock generator would be reflected in the AIO.  Now changing the external clock doesn't change the internal settings. Even if my open project indicates the correct clock is received (Cubase/Nuendo project with wrong clock, change external clock to correct value, project reflects correct clock, Hammerfall DSP Settings reflects incorrect clock but says SYNC)

Am I mistaken?  All changes to clock must happen outside of software before loading projects?

Re: AIO - follow external clock? not changing...

> project reflects correct clock

When Cubase changes to the new clock/sample rate then ASIO will reset the hardware, and the Settingsdialog will no longer show a clock mismatch with the WDM sample rate.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah...  I see.  I had Cubase set to "Externally Clocked" -  With that unchecked the behavior is normal (as you described).

If I'm clocking externally, is there a method for AIO to follow changes made to the external master clock?

That is intentionally disabled, as it would seriously interfere with playback and record if the external clock fails or is simply set wrong.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME