1 (edited by Hinfoweb 2018-04-14 11:33:01)

Topic: Driver considerations in 2018

I am a happy owner of a hdsp 9632 Pci, and since I have this sound card, I've never had any technical hardware or software problems (in Microsoft Windows environment). I therefore congratulate the designers of Rme. On driver speech however I can not say the same thing. Windows 10 usually finds the hardware drivers installed on the computer in automatic mode, but for Rme it does not happen, why? Not that it's a big deal because you can do it manually, but I think the automatic search for drivers can provide full compatibility with that operating system. The same is true for Open Sorce environments. I know, I'm pedantic, but I just can not explain why a company as precise as Rme does not solve this question. Why does Rme not develop drivers for Open Source operating systems? Why a person who does not know the "source code" must have difficulty inserting codes to make a sound card dialogue with an Open Source operating system? So I ask you there is the remote possibility that in the future we can solve this problem? Thank you.

P.S. I also note that there is no automatic system that can detect or report new updates of drivers and software ... You have to go to the Rme website to check if there are new drivers ...

https://efrem-c-79.wixsite.com/efrem-c-79