Topic: ADI-2 DAC logitech harmony remote control

Hi,

I just got the ADI-2 DAC. Loving it's sound and features so far.

I tried to teach my LOGITECH HARMONY 650 to control RME ADI-2 DAC by using ADI-2 DAC'2 remote. This works for basic features, however volume up/down is quite problematic so far. When I hold down the volume up/down buttons on harmony, it goes by 0.5db at the speed of 2 times a second or so. I am assuming that the db acceleration is either done on remote side by changing the IR command being sent after some time of holding the button, or it sends the IR command way more frequently than logitech harmony, allowing DAC to recognise button being held down.

Some explanation and guidance would be highly appreciated!

Re: ADI-2 DAC logitech harmony remote control

Also, it would be great to have explicit IR commands for activating EQ presets and features such as loudness on/off etc, instead of having to remap the 4 keys. This could allow Logitech Harmony users to have explicit keys for these features. Also distinc power on and off IR commands would be nice as well.

One more request for remote control use: When toggling things like loudness, or eq on/off. The popup text that temporarily says "OFF" or "ON" on screen is too small and hard to read. Would be great if only the OFF/ON part of that text could be bigger in font size. Or simply accompanied by some green/red colored circle based on it's current state.

If only the firmware was open source. Would have already added these features in big_smile

I'm also using with a Logitech Harmony, in my case a Logitech Harmony Smart Control via the Harmony Hub. So far I have it programmed to replicate all the keys in the original RME remote which I don't like all that much, design-wise.
I'm not experiencing the same volume issue as you, when I hold down volume up/down on the Logitech it changes the RME very quickly. I also wish I could program more functions.

Mac Mini > Roon > RME ADI-2 DAC > ATC SCM-11 speakers and C1 subwoofer

Nice suggestions, we will check what we can add in the future.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

When you are programming the Logitech, try to use very long presses of the RME remote.  I had a similar issue with a wireless mouse/cursor control when programming my Harmony One.  Executing the "Learn" function with a longer press from the original remote seemed to help my situation...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Randyman... wrote:

When you are programming the Logitech, try to use very long presses of the RME remote.  I had a similar issue with a wireless mouse/cursor control when programming my Harmony One.  Executing the "Learn" function with a longer press from the original remote seemed to help my situation...

cool

Thanks for that tip!
I tried it, now harmony volume up/down makes the volume go up +20db -20db. hmm
However, i thought it the power off command (remote sends that when power button is held).

Doh.  Sorry for the unintended consequence sad

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8