Topic: Questions regarding different sample rates

Hello, just installed my new HDSPe MADI FX card, happy but I have to things that annoy me.
So I am using two madi ports which goes to one interface each, MADI1 to SPL Madison and MADI2 to RME 642.

1. When I switch from 44 or 48 to 88 or 96 the first MADI channel of MADI port2 switch from 65 to 33, which is really annoying since I need to have to "paths" going from Reaper. I would like MADI port 2 to instead switch from channels 65-128 to 65-96 like on the MadiExtreme cards. Is this possible somehow?

2. When switching sample rates the buffer change, possible to keep a constant buffer size regarless of sample rate? (and no I tried to control the buffer from Reaper, but it has no effect)

Win10 x64.

Thanks

Re: Questions regarding different sample rates

1. Not possible, sorry. Please note that channel one of port two is still arriving at the 642, so the hardware works correctly. Non-existent channels are removed, which is an expected behaviour, IMHO. Anything else is cumbersome in I/O setups (assign lots of channels that are not working at all) and confuses users.

2. This is the correct way to do it as the buffers are only half 'size' due to the doubled sample rate. The buffers are there to bridge a specific time (the time the OS needs to interact), not a specific number of samples. With the same size at double and quad speed they would not work correctly anymore.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Questions regarding different sample rates

Ok thanks, this is what I figured!