1 (edited by Ankan 2018-05-13 15:10:00)

Topic: Problems with noise after High Sierra update (RME Babyface)

After updating to High Sierra my recordings of instruments (guitar or bass) suddenly have alot of white noise when pluggin them in, but not when plugin in a synth (minilogue) then there is no noise at all. I have tried different cables.
When recording the noise gets recorded. Im recording through Babyface.
Don´t know if its because high Sierra or just a coincidence, but trying to find the cause of this problem. Any suggestions is very appreciated smile

Ok so I also tried with an active bass and there was no noise at all. So when the the instrument connected has its own source of power (Active bass, synth) there is no noise. This might be another cause than High sierra, If you know what it could be let me know, thank you / Andreas

Re: Problems with noise after High Sierra update (RME Babyface)

The easiest way to check: use TotalMix to listen to the inputs directly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The easiest way to check: use TotalMix to listen to the inputs directly.

Yes so when I listen the inputs directly trough totalmix the problem is still there, the noise floor is incredibly high. It wasn´t this way before, don´t really know what happened. I´ve tried different usb connections and all of my powersupply is coming from the same source. I´ve downloaded the latest driver for babyface, nothing has worked.
Any other suggestions would be really appreciated big_smile trying to finish a song but this is really stopping me from adding the last pieces and deadline getting closer.

cheers Andreas

So the Babyface seems defective. The only thing you could try (and most probably won't help) is using an external power supply for it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok thanks