1 (edited by barks 2018-05-11 21:29:51)

Topic: Total Mix matrix Polarity/Phase reversal

Hi

In the old Fireface Mixer matrix, shift and click would reverse the polarity of any I/O assignment.
Is there a new command now or is polarity only available in the mixer window by clicking on each channels spanner icon?

I mix OTB and having a quick shift click option on the matrix was really super efficient when resolving polarity issues - especially when mixing live recordings.

Barks

Edit - I am working with an Older Fireface 800 and 24 outputs

Re: Total Mix matrix Polarity/Phase reversal

Well, after around 8 years or so you are the first one missing this function (maybe the only one who ever used it there). Anyway, we will add this option to the mouse context menu of the matrix in one of the next versions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Well, after around 8 years or so you are the first one missing this function (maybe the only one who ever used it there). Anyway, we will add this option to the mouse context menu of the matrix in one of the next versions.

Interesting!

I've always felt it was one of the greatest things about the matrix considering most DAWS (except Pyramix) have no polarity unless you install a plugin.
Working with 24 outs direct to a 24 channel analogue mixer it was so convenient - and doing quite a few large scale big band recordings (and having immediate access to polarity) really helped resolve the bleed/phase relationships extremely quickly.

many thanks

Barks

Cool, good idea smile

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13