1 (edited by fredrik.brockhagen 2018-05-20 18:10:03)

Topic: ADI-2 DAC , USB duplex and Dirac Live room correction

I’m planning to purchase ADI-2 DAC to be used together with Software Dirac Live room correction. 
Just want to double check the planed set up and the ADI-2 DAC USB duplex and digital recording functionality,  so I won’t get any obvious problems. Can this work?

1) To run the room measurements with measurement mic I’m planning to connect mic to preamp in Fireface UFX (stand alone mode) => Digital signal over Fireface Digital SPDIF out   => To SPDIF in in  ADI-2 DAC.  ADI-2 DAC connected over USB to computer.
Select setting I/O source in ADI-2 to Record SPDIF Optical
Measurement test signal is sent over USB playback and recorded over USB using the Dirac Software.  ADI-2 DAC doesn’t have any Direct Monitor functionality which means I won’t get any problems with microphone feedback! Is this correct?

2)    When using the Dirac Audio processor to apply room correction to played signal it will even be possible I believe to use a digital external source (CD player etc) using the digital recording  input in ADI-2 DAC . Signal sent over USB, real time processed in Dirac software and sent over USB playback using the duplex capability. 
Thankful for your response.
// Fredrik

Re: ADI-2 DAC , USB duplex and Dirac Live room correction

If the Dirac software provides simultaneous record and playback then this all should work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Many thanks for the fast response and answer!

Holy thread resurrection Batman!
I am interested in implementing Dirac in my RME ADI-2 DAC based system and stumbled upon this thread through a general web search.
Has any one tried this bidirectional USB connection between an RME ADI-2 DAC and a PC running Dirac to provide room correction?
I would be interested to hear of experiences, thanks

Roog

5 (edited by Roog 2022-02-08 17:00:32)

As per my post above, has anyone tried this please?
I am not very tech savvy  so I am more than a bit nervous about buying a NUC PC and of course the cost of Dirac too!

6 (edited by kathampy 2022-02-23 19:28:52)

The Dirac processor does not have built-in monitoring capability for real-time Line In / Microphone correction.

You must use the VST version of the Dirac processor and route Input > Dirac > Output using a VST host like Cantabile that supports both input and output. Equalizer APO as a VST host does not support routing inputs into the output chain as it's a WASAPI APO. Correcting global system audio with the VST version is complicated but possible using hardware or software loopback tools.

It may be possible using the stand alone version of the Dirac processor in conjunction with "Listen to this device" option on the microphone input in Windows. Tut this method has terrible latency and may have implementation issues like distortion which no one has really tested.

I am using Dirac Live in a different setup.
Dirac Live can use for example a measurement microphone on one USB port, e.g. UMIK-1 or UMIK-2,
while ADI-2 would be connected to another USB port.

I would also be interested to know if Dirac Live correction can be achieved through ADI-2
with a bidirectional USB connection.