Topic: Faders jump to 0 when DAW sequence is stopped/rewound

Hi.

I've used TotalMix for a while with a fireface400 without any issues.  I use it with Cubase and Digital Performer running Windows 7 with a MotifXF 8 workstation / sequencer.

I had Total Mix set so that the Hardware Input Faders remained at the same levels during recording and in between projects.

Something changed in the settings when I switched from Cubase to DP8 this time.  Now, hardware inputs from the Motif (AN 7 & 8) revert back to 0 when I stop and rewind in Digital Performer.   The Main Out is set to AN 1&2 for the monitors.  I can hear the audio signal and record it in the DAW. 

How can I save the settings so they remain at the desired level without having to reset the level everytime I stop or rewind a sequence in DP8?  Embarrassed to say I've spent several hours on this and can't find a solution. 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Faders jump to 0 when DAW sequence is stopped/rewound

Input faders can only be controlled by ASIO Direct Monitoring or MIDI...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your reply.  If I select  Settings>Midi>Disable Midi in the Background, would this stop midi messages from changing the fader settings?

Apologies for the newbie question.  I am just beginning to understand how fantastic these RME sound cards are.  For me, the learning curve is steep as I am working solo.

Cheers.

Spent more time working with settings. I am able to raise the hardware input faders AN 7&8 with the Phones channel strip and the faders do not shut down when I stop the sequence or rewind.  The Phones are set to receive AN 7 &8.  No problem there.

However, in the Main channel strip when I raise the same faders they jump back down when I stop or rewind the same sequence.  The output is set to AN 1&2 which are the monitors.

I've gone through the settings in Total Mix and looked at the manual again and can't figure out why I can't set the faders to remain where I set them in the Main output channel.  I was able to do this before, but I can't replicate it now.  Any thoughts as to why the Phones channel strip acts differently than the Main channel strip?  As it is now, I have to raise the faders everytime I restart the sequence if I want to hear it through the monitors.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Check the MIDI I/O settings in TM FX Settings, set them to no port. The Mains' master fader in the Control Room section of TM FX can not be controlled via ADM, so it must be a MIDI message doing this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi.

Went to Options and made sure there were unchecked:  Enable Midi Control, Sublink Mixed to Midi, Enable Stand Alone Midi.

Went to Setting/Midi.  Set Midi in/out to None, unchecked all Mackie Control Options, checked Disable Midi in Background.

Aux Device - Midi In/Out set to none.

Faders linked to Main still jump down to the bottom,  Phones stay where they are set.

Found a temporary workaround in Reset Mix.  Selected Straight playback with all to Main.  Now I can hear the sound coming out of the monitors, but the faders jump to the bottom when the DAW sequencer stops/rewinds.

Also tried resetting all.  Still didn't fix the problem.

Tried all of the above in each Mix.

Not sure what to try next.  As far as I can tell, I have disabled all of the midi options in total mix.