Topic: Total Mix window not visible

HI I'm on Mac OSX 10.9.5
Just bought an RME UC, installed the drivers, but now am finding that the Total Mix window will not come up.
I do sometimes use another monitor, and it is not there either. Tried reinstalling and still no luck.
The file menus etc all appear, and the preferences window will come up, as well as the about screen, but I am unable to access any controls on Total Mix, and not able to get any sound...
HELP!

Re: Total Mix window not visible

You selected a New mixer window from the menu?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by dreddiknight 2014-11-16 00:50:11)

Yes I've tried that. It brings up a choice of mixer or matrix window. When I choose either, the dialogue box goes and nothing is created.

Have these issues, too. Sometimes no totalmix windows comes up. Sometimes, only one of the two totalmix windows used in my workspace comes up. Then at least reselecting that workspace brings back both windows. But when no windows appears, reselecting a workspace does nothing...

Please exit TM FX, then delete these mixer files in the Library Preferences RME TotalMix FX folder:

rme.totalmix.default.xml
lastFirefaceUC1.xml

These two include window positions (if that is the reason).

Or is the UC now in PC mode?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by dreddiknight 2014-11-16 14:30:17)

Thank you MC. It was in PC and I didn't realise!
Really appreciate the help.

7 (edited by michel.thouseau 2016-01-21 14:06:16)

all seem to work but i could not see my total mix window because my rme soundcard has no power wink (power adapter disconnected)
multiface 1+firewire 400 cable+ hdspe express card+ sonnet echo+ 2m apple thunderbolt cable (not the one for charging) works !

Long story with adapter, i bought in order:
pcmcia adapter, Pci adapter, express card...
what will be the next adapter?
expensive but it works.

yosemite 10.10.5
MacBook Pro Retina, 15 pouces, end 2013, 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7

I have the exact same issue on my macOS Sierra 10.12.4 as dreddiknight.

"Please exit TM FX, then delete these mixer files in the Library Preferences RME TotalMix FX folder:

rme.totalmix.default.xml
lastFirefaceUC1.xml"

In my Library Preferences there is no RME TotalMix FX folder, consequently I cannot delete those two mixer files.

Please help ASAP.

Best regards,
Fredrik