Topic: BCF-2000 to Control TotalMix (Fireface UFX)

I'm looking for suggestions on how to get started setting up the BCF-2000 to control TotalMix for my Fireface UFX.

I'm wondering if there are any .syx files that I could easily load into the BCF to avoid manual set up.

If not, what is the best way to get started setting this up. Is there a good editor for the BCF?

What are my options for controlling TotalMix?

I'm hoping to be able to pan, mute, control channel volumes, and bank to additional channels.

Re: BCF-2000 to Control TotalMix (Fireface UFX)

It's all in the UFX manual. Chapter 28.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by explodingPSYCH 2018-06-24 18:45:21)

Got it. Yeah, I already had that open (it's chapter 30 in my Manual FWIW).

I was confused about if there were better options than MCP, but this seems to work better in your system than past MCP product combinations I've tried.

Also, it's a little confusing because Behringer have two different Mackie Control emulations for Steinberg. The one that seems to be working for me is the first mode (for Cubase/Nuendo). Hold down the second button while power cycling on the BCF2000. Here's a link about Emulation Modes that was actually kind of difficult for me to find (not in the first user guides/manuals that come up in google).

http://downloads.music-group.com/softwa … _modes.pdf

I also forgot to double check my midi in/out settings in TotalMix after a fresh install!

Thanks

> The one that seems to be working for me is the first mode (for Cubase/Nuendo)

That is in the manual as well...

And you should download the latest one as pdf from our website. Chapter 30 changed to 28 in version 2.2, 2013. Current manual is 2.5, 2017.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME