Topic: External Hardware in Totalmix FX and Cubase 9.5 PRO

Hello

I use my Babyface Pro with Total Mix FX and Cubase Pro 9.5.

Now I am testing a hardware unit (Tegeler Creme) which is both a hardware eq and compressor.

I just cant fgure out how to get it working properly.

The Creme is a stereo unit.

I connected the hardware outputs of the Creme (female XLR) with the IN 3 and IN 4 Jacks of the Babyface Pro.

I also connected the hardware inputs of the Creme (male XLR) with the big stereo Headphone jack of the Babyface Pro.

I dont know how to route it inside Totalmix to make it working as an Input FX in Cubase.

I use Adam S3X-H Monitors along with my babyface.

Hope you can help me smile

Here are some pictures of my current settings https://imgur.com/a/1757OLs

Re: External Hardware in Totalmix FX and Cubase 9.5 PRO

You set up this routing in Cubase, not in TotalMix.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You set up this routing in Cubase, not in TotalMix.

As you see in the pictures, I did so. But inside Cubase I dont have much choices for input / outputs and with the given ones, It wont work. So I think the issue is related to Totalmix.. dont know what I do wrong hmm

I reset TotalMix. But how do I set it up properly to get the hardware send in Cubase? People in Steinberg forum told me that it shall be set up in totalmix.

Here are all possible settings inside of cubase and how the hardware is connected to my Babyface Pro.

https://imgur.com/a/8QkdVmG

Make sure to have all ASIO channels active in Cubase. There is nothing to set up in Totalmix, really.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Make sure to have all ASIO channels active in Cubase. There is nothing to set up in Totalmix, really.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thx I try, but how are the ports called which I used on the babyface? there are a lot ADAT / Analog ones to choose from hmm