1 (edited by porthoss 2018-05-28 16:16:56)

Topic: TotalMix FX 1.5 - FF400 - Question Mark Appears in Dock OSX

Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere (I did try looking). I have installed TMFX 1.5 for my FF400 and I now get a question mark appearing in my dock as well as the TotalMix and Fireface Settings icons. When I hover my mouse over the question mark it says that it TotalMix. After a reboot I've now just had 3 question marks appear (2 x TotalMix and 1x TotalMix Remote).

Could anyone let me know how I've managed to do this please, is it that I deleted the old version of TM from my applications or should I have done something else? I have tried deleting the 1.5 version and reinstalled but it still happens.

Here's my setup:

OSX 10.12.06
FF400 v3.35 v1.71
TM 1.50 Mac OSX  (5)

Many thanks
J

Re: TotalMix FX 1.5 - FF400 - Question Mark Appears in Dock OSX

I have the same problem here, with the same setup. It seems to have to do with OSX's "App Translocation", a common problem outlined here: https://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2016/06/ … omization/ . Have not been able to find a solution though. Any help much appreciated @RME !

Today I performed a clean install;

Mac Pro 5,1 - OSX 10.12.6, Fireface 400, RME osx drivers 3.35

Same problem ..

If you go to the Applications folder, can you start Settings and TotalMix FX  from there?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, no problem,

once it's opened from the applications folder, if I then make the opened totalmix permanent in the dock with 'Keep in Dock', after a reboot the Totalmix icon turns into a question mark and no longer links to the Totalmix app.

settings opens without a problem from the dock, however neither the settings nor totalmix app opens automatically after a boot.

We have an idea what might cause this, but need a bit more time due to summer holidays to verify it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME