Topic: ADI-2 DAC remote function suggestion

Hi!

Here's a suggestion of a function for the 4 remapable keys on the remote

NONE

I mean the remote transmit its code but the ADI-2 DAC just ignored it.
Would probably be easy to add this function.

So thoses buttons could be use with a streamer like the Bluesound NODE 2 or the more expensive Auralic aries G1 or G2.

That way those 4 buttons could be used for play/pause previous and next for exemple.
I would probably use 1)previous 2)play/pause 3)next and keep an ADI-2 function on 4 like EQ enable. 1 remote controlling the 2 units.

Hopefully this could happen in a near futur!

Thanks

JT

Re: ADI-2 DAC remote function suggestion

You can disable the whole Key Remap function. Manual 14.1 Options, 14.1.1 Hardware/Diagnosis: Remap Keys OFF, ON, Remote.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by thj17 2018-08-18 14:10:31)

MC wrote:

You can disable the whole Key Remap function. Manual 14.1 Options, 14.1.1 Hardware/Diagnosis: Remap Keys OFF, ON, Remote.

So by selecting "OFF" those keys won't have any effect on the unit???
My understanding was that when OFF the 4 keys on the unit were using the default values....I was wrong?

I didn't realise that.

Didn't receive my ADI-2 DAC yet so I'm stuck with the manual and can't experiment...

Would be nicer per key though.... Would make possible to have a key mapped to the ADI-2 and the 3 others used for another unit for exemple.....

Thanks for the clarification!

thj17 wrote:
MC wrote:

So by selecting "OFF" those keys won't have any effect on the unit???

Exactly.

thj17 wrote:

My understanding was that when OFF the 4 keys on the unit were using the default values....I was wrong?

There are no 'default values' when remap is off. Off is Off, not default. The keys on the unit then do what they always do, normal menu access.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME