Topic: Anyone using Fireface 800 with the Cakewalk by Bandlabs?

I'll give you the run down of the issue I'm having. My sound comes and goes at it's own leisure. Right now I'm only dealing with plug ins (soft synths) No recorded tracks yet. I have signal both audio & midi but no sound. I am using an RME Fireface 800 with the asio drivers. Fully updated and Cakewalk is updated also. In case it is relevant I am using an i7 quad-core 3.5 with 32 gig memory and the p z 77 motherboard. I went through all the steps of tweaking my system using that glitch free guide. Each day I get the sound working and then once I shut down and start back up the next day I have to go through the process again for some reason. Sometimes if I'm sitting idle too long my sound of dropout and I'll have to go through all kinds of steps again messing with my system until I can get the sound back up sometimes it requires shutting down and rebooting or it could be as simple as closing Cakewalk and restarting it. Frustrating them the less. Just curious as to whether anyone else has or has had this issue? Sorry for the long thesis. Just trying to be as thorough as possible to see if anyone can help me resolve the issue and want to know the steps to take whenever it happens again in case it happens in the middle of a session and I need to get back up and running fast. Trying to find help where I can.

2 (edited by ramses 2018-08-23 07:02:40)

Re: Anyone using Fireface 800 with the Cakewalk by Bandlabs?

Please give more information about your setup, whats also most relevant for audio processing:

What Firewire Card do you use, what Firewire Chipset does the card have ?
What RME firmware and driver do you use for the FF800 ?
Do you use only this FF800 or multiple cards ? If multiple, are they synchronized ?
What Windows and Cakewalk version do you use ?

Dark Star Balla wrote:

Each day I get the sound working and then once I shut down and start back up the next day I have to go through the process again for some reason.

Dark Star Balla wrote:

Sometimes if I'm sitting idle too long my sound of dropout and I'll have to go through all kinds of steps again messing with my system until I can get the sound back up sometimes it requires shutting down and rebooting or it could be as simple as closing Cakewalk and restarting it.

If you have a "process" that reliably fixes the issue, then
1. please describe the process, what you need to do
2. please nail narrow down, which step or combination of steps is important to fix the issue (*)

(*) It could be the case, that you perform several things, as you got used to it "as a habit", but most likely not every of the step is really required.

Please try to find out, what step is at the end the step that cures the problem, then it should be better possible to narrow the root cause.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hey Ramses, you helped me get my 2 Firefaces working.
Hardware Revision 2.77
Driver 3.124
Driver Date 07.05.18
I am running 2 interfaces.
Sync'd via Spdif
Windows 10 Home
Version 1709
Intel Core I7-3770K @ 3.50GHz
32GB Ram
64 Bit Processor
Cakewalk by bandLab
version 2018.07 (Build  13, 64 bit)

I have no reliable process. I'd like to discover one if I can't completely solve the problem.

Do the two FF800 change their order randomly after cold-boot? That would screw up the outputs assignment and even the clock setup...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Do the two FF800 change their order randomly after cold-boot? That would screw up the outputs assignment and even the clock setup...

No never.

Could this perhaps be a cakewalk bandlab issue ? Could you kindly try with reaper?

I know I helped you, but setups can change.

You said after a certain procedure you can fix it in most cases without having to boot. What do you do ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13