Topic: Can Octamic XTC be used in a MADI rig at the same time as CC?

As in, could the Octamic recorded to a computer/iPad whilst operating within a MADI chain as a preamp?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Re: Can Octamic XTC be used in a MADI rig at the same time as CC?

Yes, no problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Yes, no problem.

Awesome, so a viable backup solution alongside DUREC, providing the stems can be submixed to 22 channels within TM FX.

Does submixing have to happen within the host MADIface, or can the XTC itself take care of that (in case the MADIface loses power)?

Eastwood Records

The channels recorded are selected in the unit's display menu. But there is no mixer/submixes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The channels recorded are selected in the unit's display menu. But there is no mixer/submixes.

Okay, so if I set up a submix within the MADIface then routed it via the MADI stream to the XTC's recording channels, what would happen if the MADIface lost power?

Eastwood Records

mjfe87 wrote:
MC wrote:

Okay, so if I set up a submix within the MADIface then routed it via the MADI stream to the XTC's recording channels, what would happen if the MADIface lost power?

Then the MADIFACE is powered off and doesn't participate in the MADI connection.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
mjfe87 wrote:
MC wrote:

Then the MADIFACE is powered off and doesn't participate in the MADI connection.

I get that, but my question is whether the submixes sent to the XTC out via TM FX will also be dropped?

Also, does the MADI loop continue when passing through unpowered devices e.g. MADIface?

Eastwood Records

mjfe87 wrote:
ramses wrote:
mjfe87 wrote:

I get that, but my question is whether the submixes sent to the XTC out via TM FX will also be dropped?

Also, does the MADI loop continue when passing through unpowered devices e.g. MADIface?

If the interface is powered down then there is nothing there anymore that TM FX can control. Watch what happens if you power down the MADIface ... TM FX Windows closes immediately.

To second question. For me the MADI loop still works between ufx+ and 2 XTC if one of the two XTC's is being powered off. But tbh what should work if one of the two devices is powered off. The PC with the powered off MADIface will not receive anything anymore and TM FX is as I said also down as the driver has no connected interface anymore.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13