Topic: FF400 flash memory

every time i start my ff400s i have to manually readout the valuas stored in unit by pressing "Read Flash" in the fireface settings  ... is it intended to work this way?

Re: FF400 flash memory

Why "have to"...? What happens if you don't?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

different settings apply?! .... samplerate in flash memory is 48khz ... if i dont recall the flash manually i got 44.1 ... several other settings change as i have saved them to flash (input channel settings etc.).

but most importent the clock source on the second interface!

Firmware versions of the FF400? Driver version that is in use? Operating system version?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

firmware is 1.71 on both cards
driver is 3.1.24.0
system is win10 with latest patches

i think the units start with their flashed settings but when they connect to  windows the values from flash memory are overwritten by some standard values ?!

This is quite normal - flashed settings are for standalone operation. Driver settings may be different...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

is there some sort of .ini where i can change the standard driver settings?

In TM FX  preferences you can enable an option.that the device wI'll be initialized with the values stored in TM FX.

This prevents the dialogue that user becomes asked whether to use last settings from device or from TM FX.

Maybe it's this what you are looking for.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

In TM FX  preferences you can enable an option.that the device wI'll be initialized with the values stored in TM FX.
This prevents the dialogue that user becomes asked whether to use last settings from device or from TM FX.

No, that does not affect the settings dialog.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

av23 wrote:

is there some sort of .ini where i can change the standard driver settings?

The driver should start with the last settings in the dialog... Please be more specific about what happens, will changes you make (e.g. buffer, sync settings or the like) not remain the same after a reboot?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:
ramses wrote:

No, that does not affect the settings dialog.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

OK thanks, seems I misunderstood the issue.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

RME Support wrote:

[quote=av23 Please be more specific about what happens, will changes you make (e.g. buffer, sync settings or the like) not remain the same after a reboot?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

exactly... content of the first page is not saved by windows (bandwidth / clock mode etc.) ... even rebooting the fireface recalls the "standard values" ... but it only affects whats written on the first page. analog levels microphone and instrument inputs do not set back.

Then Windows prevents the RME Settings dialog to write them into the registry. Rights problem?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

probably ... where can i find them in the registry?! and how to enable settings dialog to write into the registry?