Topic: Simple Output to use Hardware

I am trying to use a simple out (output 3) from my 802 into a hardware compressor and back into an 802 input (using Presonus Studio One Pipeline Plug In).  In my DAW, I set up the channel to output 3. In Total Mix (version 1.43) I switch both software playback and output 3/4 to mono.  I highlight the output in totalmix and increase the fader playback 3 of the software playback.  However, the signal from output 3 only comes out the left speaker.  Thus, when trying to mix a kick drum through the hardware, the kick is on the left i.e. I remember I used to do this easily with my multiface and was able to mix with hardware with the pipeline plug in. 

How does one get a simple mono out into a piece of hardware? How would I get output 3 to sit in the center so I can mix it with the rest of the tracks.  Thanks and I realize it is most likely pilot error. 

Windows 10 64bit - Fireface 802
Newer Sweetwater Creation Station
Studio One Pro 4

Re: Simple Output to use Hardware

I think I got it.  I left playback 3 and 4 in stereo and adjust the width to 0.  Now the kick is where I need it. Thus, I will stay in stereo!  If this is a noticeable error, please chime in!